- Parents/guardians are to notify the school by 8:30 a.m. when a child is absent from school.
- More than five absences in a quarter marking period will be reviewed by the Head of School.
Parents/guardians should plan vacations around the school calendar. If special family needs or occasions occur during the school year, please notify teachers in writing at least a week in advance of when absences are anticipated.
- It is the responsibility of the student to notify teachers in writing at least 24 hours in advance of a planned absence so teachers may gather the student’s work.
- Extended planned absences are to be communicated in writing at the earliest possibility.
Students have two school days to make up work for each day of school missed. It is the responsibility of the student to request make-up work upon his/her return to school.
- Parents/guardians may call the school to request work for absent students.
- Requests are to be made before noon for work to be available for pick up after 3:30 p.m.